PDA

View Full Version : New Freelance SEO Website Launch

nuthin
09-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Hi all,

I have finally launched my new freelance SEO web site - www.FreelanceSEO.com.au.

I am looking for some constructive feedback from you guy's about it. The main target audience for the web site is agencies looking to partner with an experienced SEO consultant and also companies that are looking to work with a freelance SEO consultant and not a big company.

Thanks everyone.. looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers,

David

Ray
09-12-2008, 11:06 AM
I really like the feel of the site - it's very crisp and makes me think I'm dealing with a professional.

You've used 'there' instead of 'their' a few times.

I also wondered whether you'd be better using just 'about' rather than 'about us', because as you say you're marketing yourself as an individual freelancer.

nuthin
09-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I really like the feel of the site - it's very crisp and makes me think I'm dealing with a professional.

You've used 'there' instead of 'their' a few times.

I also wondered whether you'd be better using just 'about' rather than 'about us', because as you say you're marketing yourself as an individual freelancer.

Thanks Ray! Good points... will get those things changed. :)

heist
09-12-2008, 01:11 PM
very good, professional looking site

i think the content needs work..

my two cents would be some simple and obvious "this is what we do for you" stuff on the homepage

mostly though i think the About Us page really needs attention... the stuff about web handles and forums and not wanting to go to work reads awkwardly and unprofessionally

and google / ninemsn / yahoo... unless you're actually affiliated you might be putting yourself in hot water using their logos on your site

tuna
09-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Nice very clean.. One thing that I would change, About us.. David.. David WHO??! A surname would be good, you are building your brand here.

nuthin
09-12-2008, 01:18 PM
very good, professional looking site

i think the content needs work..

my two cents would be some simple and obvious "this is what we do for you" stuff on the homepage

mostly though i think the About Us page really needs attention... the stuff about web handles and forums and not wanting to go to work reads awkwardly and unprofessionally

and google / ninemsn / yahoo... unless you're actually affiliated you might be putting yourself in hot water using their logos on your site

Thanks for the tip. I was going to ask if you's think I should include more in-depth information about the services that I provide...

About those logo's, I don't think I'll have too much problem but will e-mail them to see if I can get permission to use (even though alot of people probably do without their permission. ;))

The about us page, handles and forum.. as the site is mainly targeted for web design/hosting/advertising agencies etc, I thought it might be good for people to be able to search some Internet history on me at those places... part of my own reputation management, but I do get your point and will look into getting it changed!

Thanks again

nuthin
09-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Nice very clean.. One thing that I would change, About us.. David.. David WHO??! A surname would be good, you are building your brand here.

Will do. :) Thanks..

Cindy
09-12-2008, 06:26 PM
I like the look of the site, however... I have problems jelling the corporate theme with "Hi, my name is David" on the front page. It may be personal choice, but if you want a corporate image maybe that is best left on the 'about' page & you go straight into what you are offering on front page.

nuthin
10-12-2008, 09:02 AM
I like the look of the site, however... I have problems jelling the corporate theme with "Hi, my name is David" on the front page. It may be personal choice, but if you want a corporate image maybe that is best left on the 'about' page & you go straight into what you are offering on front page.

This is what really has got me thinking at the moment. I am getting feedback from both sides of the coin with some people liking the personal touch and other's that have said what you are exactly saying. Trying to find the right balance is the tricky part.. :-)

Still contemplating whether or not if I need to go into more detail about the services part on the site.. there's so much crap out there that people have probably read about SEO before hitting my site, that I'm hoping they just contact me for a more personal and honest approach/answer to the questions that they may have.

juz4dafunofit
05-01-2009, 02:04 PM
I like the look of it. Its does give a very professional first impression. Nice and clean :)

J

nuthin
05-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks J. :)

Have been kept busy over the holiday period with exceptional leads coming through the web site, suprisingly the majority from the US. Looking real forward to servicing alot of people in the Aussie marketplace and throughout the world in 09. Glad I got the web site sent live when it did, will help me branch out this year to where I want to be. :):)