PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Releases Open Source Blogging Platform

Ruxton
10-12-2008, 09:41 AM
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/microsoft_releases_open_source_blog_platform.php

The source is available under Microsoft Public License and it's written in ASP.Net as microsofts kinda of demo for the ASP .Net MVC Framework. Not so sure about the name though.. Oxite? wtf?

Ray
10-12-2008, 12:54 PM
I think the idea of blogging on ASP just doesn't feel right to me :)

tuna
10-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Blogging with MS Open Source just seems wrong to me too!

Ruxton
11-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Couldn't agree more, i just found it interesting Microsoft was starting to play with the open source blog "big boys".

heist
11-12-2008, 11:52 AM
i don't really understand the connection between blogging and platform... what's the difference?

Ruxton
11-12-2008, 04:13 PM
A blog platform is something you use to build your own blog like Wordpress, and Moveable Type. Where as blogging is the act of making a post to your blog.

Ray
11-12-2008, 05:35 PM
A blog platform is something you use to build your own blog like Wordpress, and Moveable Type. Where as blogging is the act of making a post to your blog.

:) I think heist meant what difference does the platform have on blogging.

Like blogging on ASP would be like camping in the back of a semi trailer. Overkill, the feeling that lots of product has been in it before, and someone else is driving it.

Blogging on PHP is like camping in a nice little campervan. There's lots you can do, and it's all right there in front of you. Everything works nice and smooth, and you can compare it with your friend's one.

Gee I'm rambling....

kay
11-12-2008, 05:38 PM
I don't care about the platform, but I do care about the features. WordPress and Moveable Type have pretty much set the standard as to how a blog should operate (in terms of commenting, trackbacks, posts, permalinks etc) and whenever I try out a new blogging application, the areas in which it doesn't match those expectations always grate.