PDA

View Full Version : New home page

temp
25-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Hello, this isn't really a new site, just a quick change to the home page for soundfolder.

It's far from perfect, but I would like your thought please port80

Go now! http://www.soundfolder.com/

jexley
26-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Having already tried this kind of thing and failed miserably, I am in awe of what appears to me to be a success.

I think I'll sign up a mate's band (the ones that did your favourite "Grant wants to be a pirate") and see if I can break anything.

temp
26-02-2011, 02:32 PM
I think I'll sign up a mate's band (the ones that did your favourite "Grant wants to be a pirate") and see if I can break anything.

^ awesome thanks :)

jexley
01-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Alrighty, I went to the home page and BAM, I was slapped in the face with straightforward and easy-to-understand options.

I rubbed my sore jaw and chose one and BAM, I was slapped again with easy-to-select things to do, I did one, signing up for this voracious cult in the process I am sure.

A welcome email from someone my Outlook has nicknamed "Coldplay" told me I was all set and gave me a link of where I should start uploading my music. I chose a file (MP3 only *sadface*), and then another, and another.

Next thing I know, my "band" has it's music up and online, with an automatic subdomain (URL with my band name in it makes my girlfriend pop myspace boners), and I could even sell it!

All up, that's what I was trying to do with the thing I built last year that failed miserably. Very, very well done mate.

Next step for me is to actually get the band to put their goddam music up there instead of me, and then start to experiment with selling music online too.

ONLY complaint, I have to download an MP3 converter now. Other than that, I'm stealing your idea... I mean, I'm taking notes on a better way of doing things. Thanks for that.

temp
01-03-2011, 12:11 PM
I hear ya on the format conversion stuff.. it's been on the roadmap for ever, gotta get it finished. @ruxton is helping to advise on how it should work. It's been held up until we have some new nerd systems (a job queue and better monitoring) in place.

thanks heaps for trying it out Judd.