Port80 Forums Fast Hit Web Hosting

Our Platinum Sponsors:

Go Back   Port80 Forums > Other > Site Critiques & Reviews

Old 30-11-2009, 06:46 PM
AWIA Member

depictedminds is on a distinguished road
Default Request for Comments: Web Design Educational Content

Good evening all.

My Name is Steve, and I am a teacher at Metropolitan South Institute of TAFE, at Mount Gravatt, instructing several modules of the Web Development course at Diploma Levels.

As part of our requirement to continuously improve our content, I come to this forum to request a review of the assessment item(s) for modules of this course. The reason I come to this forum is I have to reach out to the Industry for their opinions, and what better place to reach out to the web industry, than through the web industry forum!

I have quite a few items that require evaluation, however I start with the simplest one - mainly because this is the first time I've used this specific forum, and I feel this would be the easiest to iron out any "bugs" of the process.

The first element I wish to have "Validated" is the assessment item for "Ensure Privacy for Users" - and a hyperlink is shown below to a zip file containing the Item to be reviewed, a Checklist sheet to be completed, and some instructions for the moderation process.

The entire process should take no longer than 15 minutes, and all input is welcome - this process is all about improvement, so constructive feedback would be appreciated.

The review kit is located at http://www.depictedminds.com/reviews...Review_Kit.zip. Again, this zip file contains the documents for the review process, and the entire process should take no longer than 15 minutes.

Please use the enclosed feedback documents and email your comments through to me per the instructions in the zip file. While feedback on this forum is appreciated, I am unable to use it unless I transfer it to the feedback forms.

I appreciate the input from any that take part in this validation.
Old 30-11-2009, 08:14 PM
AWIA Member

tuna is on a distinguished road

Steve have you tried approaching AWIA as a professional body with this as they maybe able to put you in contact with other web educators that have already done this.
Old 30-11-2009, 11:10 PM
AWIA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post
Steve have you tried approaching AWIA as a professional body with this as they maybe able to put you in contact with other web educators that have already done this.
Indeed, if I can gain information regarding potential validators in my area, or people I can network with electronically that have been through the process via AWIA, that would certainly be benificial, and is something that is certainly in process.

Of course, I am still obligated to seek validation from industry sources (members of the web industry) as a requirement of the Australian Qualifications Training Framework, thus I am appealing in this forum for individuals who may be of assistance. Unfortunately, previous activities of validation do not count for my assessment items, as each tool is created for a target group, and each tool is therefore individually validated.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:35 AM
AWIA Member

tuna is on a distinguished road

AWIA - Australian Web Industry Association is made up of members from the web industry from freelancers to small business owners, educators etc.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:19 PM
AWIA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post
AWIA - Australian Web Industry Association is made up of members from the web industry from freelancers to small business owners, educators etc.
Which is, of course, the very reason I am a financial member of the AWIA. My Students have been made aware of this Association, along with the events the association holds, and the networking the association provides (for example, this forum) - They have also been encouraged to become financial members themselves, to benefit from, support, and promote web development networking in Australia.

And again, as I said, this network of professionals is, in my opinion, a fantastic way to obtain points of view in relation to training and development of skills. Hence the appeal in this forum for reviews.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:07 PM
AWIA Member

Rachel is on a distinguished road

Hi Steve!

It is great you're supporting and encouraging your students to support AWIA. Your (and their) financial contributions help to make AWIA better and more useful for us all.

I've downloaded the review kit and will get back to you shortly.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:56 PM
AWIA Member

Fantastic - that would be great. Appreciated.